Cover Photo by Mark R. Day

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Poem "Pale Moon of Love"

Waning moon, thy pale figure sails on a sea of color as morning break
Your light in slow steps dissolving in the face of dawns approach.
Like a lover, who in dream like state,  diminishes as the sleeper awakes

Depart thy sickled brow bent in shape of cupids bow
Thee fade quickly from my sight, but are present all the same
Though  hidden by the overwhelming light, that brightest day bestows
You remain forever there for me engraved upon my heart

Then come the night, thy face will ere return
Oh beloved moon, I swoon, I swoon
For there thee rise and how thy face, is such a grace to me
Pale and Pure,  I do behold thee,  Oh! symbol of all joy.

Written by Mark R.  Day 3/10/2011 Copyright Mark R. Day all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment