Cover Photo by Mark R. Day

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Poem "The Power of a Smile"


 

Her smile is always present amidst the tumults of a stormy life.

No pain,  no sorrow, nor unrelenting affliction shall whisk the happiness away.

How comes one to such serenity and peace when life casts you upon the rocky shoal.

She draws on love as the source of her smile in the  darkest hour of the night

A smile the anchor which, holds fast in the persistent  gale which blows about her.

Yes, her smile is always present amidst the tumults of life and that has made all the difference.
 
 
Written by Mark R. Day, 1/12/13.  Copyright by Mark R. Day 1/12/13, all rights reserved.  As, I wrote this the words came from my memories of a dear cousin whom has always been a source of inspiration for me as I deal with the problems of life.  God blessed her with a beautiful smile, a big heart, and immense courage.    I thank him for sharing her with me and teaching me, through her, about his grace..

No comments:

Post a Comment