Cover Photo by Mark R. Day

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Very Short Remarks for Antietam Camp Mary Walker MOH Ceremony






Good morning.  What a wonderful setting this is for honoring Dr. Mary Walker and her singular achievement.  I bring with me the greetings of Eugene Mortorff the Commander in Chief of the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War, who unfortunately can not be here with us.  Commander-in Chief Mortorff asked me to present his best wishes to the Antietam Camp #3 and all those also to those in attendance.  This is my 5th time attending a MOH ceremony put on by the Antietam Camp and I have come to appreciate all the work and effort made by the camp; to bring this ceremony to the pubic each year.  This year’s ceremony honoring Dr. Mary Walker is particularly significant and I applaud your choice of honoree’s.



Thank you for the invitation to speak and your attention

No comments:

Post a Comment