Cover Photo by Mark R. Day

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Poem "Friendship and a Dog"

His head held high, his eyes shining bright, he leads me on my way.                                 
He will come to rest, and sniff the air, fresh with the morning dew.
Then with calling glance and a joyful  bark he sets us on our way.

His gait is long and without stress, his world is safe and sure.
He is nature born and in nature lives, no pretext does he need.
For his freedom's sure and the day is his, no worry on his mind.

Then looking back,
he barks with joy,
to see his life long friend.

I would have him be my guide, my help throughout long years,
For our bond is sure and fastened tight, which makes me feel secure
He will guide me home through deepest night, he will not go astray

And looking up
I  cry for joy,
to see my faithful friend


Written and published by Mark R. Day April 13, 2011 copyright April 2011 all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment